Sick at four months :(

My poor lil baby girl is sick, shes only four months old. The last time she got what started out as a normal cold, lasted for two weeks and it was called a RSV cold and it was so sad. Now her eyes are red and watery her nose is stuffed and running at the same time. She has a cough that is just starting up but last time it got reallllly bad. Shes too young for medicine, and i have a warm towel on her forehead. I dont know what to do. Any advice? Its really sad, I hate to see my baby sad and sick.

Glouii

Asked by Glouii at 8:40 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take her back to the doc. RSV can be really serious and if she recently has had it odds are she never fully got over it. Good luck!
    jazegurl5

Answer by jazegurl5 at 9:15 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• take her back to her ped. also u can put her in a steamy bathroom to help clear congestion
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• there are saline drops to use in her nose to help with the stuffiness! get a cool mist humidifier
    karensue65

Answer by karensue65 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• If she's already had RSV you need to get her back to the doctor ASAP, especially if it was recently - she may not have totally gotten rid of it that it's coming back now. She's too young to take chances.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• if your baaby is being sick that long and you suspect it rsv get her to the doctor asap because my little girl had rsv and i didnt even kno it cause i kept on take her to the doctor and they kept on tell me that she had just a cold everytime i toke her there but she continue to get worse and i finally told my self that i was taking her back there and demand that they done some for her so they admiited her and di some test and later on that night she had ran a real high fever and couldnt breathe very well and all ready turn purple inthe face the y was doing cpr and gain her response back and put her on oxgen they got it under control but two hours later it relapse on her again but not as bad but they told me that thay were going to fly here up to columbus children hospital for them to check her out because they wasnt really equip for babies so they did and when we did arrive they told me that if i they waited any
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• this is to rest of my anser longer that she wouldve die and came to find out she had rsv all along and she was in that hospital for one month and two weeks and believe me thats not a sight to see because se was in icu and you couldnt hold her feed her all you could do is pray for her and tell her that you love her and that you are there with her but where you sad she had th rsv it could be getting worse so you might want to get her back to the doctor and tell her she not getting better becase i dont want you to go through what i went through that wa so scary i hope your little girl gets through this and you to i know that it is hard to deal with asick child so may god bless you and your child my thoughts are with you guys
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Take her back to the doc to be sure it isn't RSV again. My daughter had RSV at 12 days old and spent the night in the hospital. They suggested using saline drops and a bumb syringe for the nose to keep the airways clear. Try running your shower on hot and closing the bathroom door to create a kind of sauna. That can help break up mucus.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 5:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• hope he feels better!
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 12:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2011