Ebay questions

Do I need to open an Ebay store in order to sell?

Last time I sold an item on ebay, the item sold for under what I wanted (I was okay with that) but then ebay charged me 16 dollars and change stating I had an ebay store... But I NEVER opened one. At least not the way they claimed. I see the Different stores and all that is great but I really dont want them to charge me 16 dollars and change to sell an item for 5 buck.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• No you don't need a store, perhaps you accidently opened a store the last time not realizing it....because $16 is the basic store monthly fee. But if you know for sure you didn't, call ebay and dispute it.

Also in future remember, don't start an ebay listing below what you want, even if you are hoping the low starting bid gets people in bidding wars. Always start your auctions at the bare minimum you WANT for it, because in many cases there may be only 1 bidder!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• No, you do not need to open a store. Check out your profile to see how you're set up and contact them if you think something suspicious is going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I agree. Contact them and discuss. You might be able to get some of that fee back too if it is simply some sort of misunderstanding.. I selll tons and do not have a store.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• You can also set a reserve price to make sure the item sells for your minimum. Setting the minimum right up front might discourage bidders. Read about reserve pricing on eBay's help section.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• No. Join the CafeMom eBay sellers group; there are many wise and experience women there.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2011