Anybody flea bomb their home before? adult content

Need a couple of tips this morning.......never did this before. The stray i let come in and inside every night for the last few months has fleas. Always scatching, poor thing. She was an outside cat to begin with. She came over the balcony and looked hungry and here we are. Now she stays outside, I'm still feeding her.

When we come home, do we wear gloves?
Are the dishes in the cupboard have to washed?
Clothes in closets have to be washed?
Thank you for any advice!

4theloveofTink

Asked by 4theloveofTink at 9:16 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Pets

• My one tip: Vacuum rugs, furniture, etc. before you bomb. Make sure to vacuum the under side of chairs, couches, beds, etc. too. As well as their cushions. The reasoning: the bombs won't kill the eggs, and the effects of the bombs have usually worn off before the eggs hatch, so the cycle starts all over. Vacuuming actually stimulates the eggs to hatch early, while the bombs are still effective. That is what I found out after battling fleas for months. I would treat, bomb, spray, etc. Wash all the bedding in hot water, even treat the yard.... Things would be great for a few weeks, then the cycle would start all over. Until I vacuumed like mad, THEN treated. After that, the fleas were gone for good.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• ya but it does not seem to work well so i get this spray that works well and i bath the animals with flea shampoo and then dry them off and then also spray them with this spray that kills the flea's within 5 minutes. Its from Adams ..... and it works.
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• you should be fine as long as all bedding is washed in really hot water, and that everything besides furniture is off the floor before you begin bombing. Also, be sure to vacuum the carpet very well.
    Wowifey

Answer by Wowifey at 9:32 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Furniture off the floor? What about beds? Do those go up against the wall?
    4theloveofTink

Comment by 4theloveofTink (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Oh, and gloves shouldn't be necessary. Dishes and cupboards should be fine.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I've used a bomb. Wouldn't recommend it for the toxicity. Get diatomaceous earth (DE) at any garden center. Non toxic powder can be used on the animal, on floors and rugs, kills fleas better than bombs. There is even food grade DE that is safe to eat!
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 4:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• No. I hate flea bombs. Call the manufacterer for safety recommendations. Put Advantage, Revolution or Frontline on y our cat monthly.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 9:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2011