panic attacks

has any of you gone through such a terrible nightmare? are they so dangerous for health as the experts say. what can someone do about it ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Health

• I get panic attacks. I try to breathe through them and try to identify what triggered it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. And yes they are dangerous to your health and can be almost paralyzing.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 9:27 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I've had one, it was horrible. I have a friend that gets them quite often, she has a prescription for Xanax and when she feels an attack coming on she takes one. That medicine was a lifesaver for her.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I have had them forever, they started to get worse so now Im on med's . Feel better but I can still them if I get bad news, breathing helps and yoga.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:38 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My mother gets panic attacks really bad and she was on med for a long time but eventually grew a dependancy to them to she went herbal and found that passion flower worked great and bonus...not habit forming.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I've been having panic attacks since I was 15. I was on meds and they went away for about 2 years then things started getting rough and they came back. Now they are undercontrol with meds again. I just sit down close my eyes and breathe when I catch an attack... I hope you are able to them under control soon. Panic attacks are horrible to go through. Good luck :)
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I get them all of the time but i never thought of even mentioning to my doctor cause i figured there were no health risk. wow can any one post any information on panic attacks.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 10:27 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• There is an epidemic of magnesium deficiency in the US; one of the side effects of this is panic attacks (along with increased frequency of migraines and asthma, worsening of ADD/ADHD, weakening of immune systems, etc.). I take a cal/mag/D daily.

Rescue Remedy is great for mild panic attacks.

There is a wonderful book called No More Panic by Claire Weeks; you should be able to dind it at your local library

Answer by rkoloms at 7:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2011