sick and pregnant...

okay mamas ive been sick since a little before christmas and last night it hit its peak.. im 5 months preg and cant sleep to begin with..im so congested i cannot breathe through my nose at all.. i was up til 430 am trying to clear up the congestion... i sat in a steamy shower for an hr and nothing... i tried to make some tea but my lid fell of my pot and i got a steam burn ( which didnt help the sleeping situation) used saline spray but the taste of back drip made me vomit.. and used so much vicks my hair is a greasy mess.. and after all this i still cant breathe....anyone have any other good home remedies that will help me breathe!

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've been stuffy this entire pregnancy and nothing seems to help. I've like you tried everything. The only thing that take the edge off is a neti pot and a benedryl. B.o.l.
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 9:29 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Oh I know! I miss things like nyquil and I.b. profen :(
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 9:36 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I got a humidifier because my throat was getting really dry. The Safety 1st one in the baby dept at Target is awesome. No filters to change, really easy to use, and only cost $30. Best investment I have made. Plus, you can use it when baby gets here.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 9:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• thanks i saw a nyquil commercial last night and cried..bc oh the things i would do for nyquil right now lol
    zperez0809

Comment by zperez0809 (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Jan. 22, 2011