How does your salary stack up?

How does your salary compare to major leaders around the world? 

http://www.paywizard.org/main/VIPPaycheck/politiciansalaries

The salaries are given in US dollars and WOW what a difference in what political leaders around the world make. 

*on a fun note ... you can also compare your salary to actors, CEOs, athletes, etc.*

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 9:27 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• mine is still in the crisper and it does not stand up real good .... but i do love it with peanut butter
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 9:28 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I wonder how much of the money being counted towards Bill is actually Hillary's. I find it hard to believe the woman behind Whitewater doesn't have a single investment to her name and only makes her official salary.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Technically my salary is zilch .. I'm retired (early) by choice. I work all day (right now all night) some days, an hour or two some days, but I put our food on the table because of my 'work'. I have a huge garden and a small orchard, dairy goats, rabbits for meat and to sell, chickens for eggs and to sell, etc. I make butter, yogurt, and cheese. I can and dehydrate veggies and fruit. I process our meat animals. Yes it is work. Except for kidding season (which is now), I set my own hours. I pay almost nothing in taxes. I have no boss or employees to deal with. I can wear my jammies if the mood strikes me. For the first time in my life I LIKE work ~ and the pay is better than most paychecks I brought home.

I definitely don't envy presidents, congresscritters, or CEOs ~ because I have almost no stress, no threats, no angry people, and no one but moi to answer to.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• AH HA!! Just as I expected, I make more then the Pope!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I can't look. It would be too depressing. I'm a school teacher in NC. Three years ago I had to give back 2% of my salary, back up a step in pay and lost my masters increase. I haven't had a raise in (even cost of living) in 3 years and neither has my husband.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• We're "hanging" in the range of the Presidents of Mexico and France! Not exactly the company I WANT to be in, though! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:38 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Pam ... I remember being taught that it was around $200-400k ... that's a hell of a raise!

----

Yep, it's $400,000, and Obama donated approximately that much to charities last year. So, most of his reported income is from his books. That's amazing! I want to write a book. haha I think Argentina was the closest to our family.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Well, I make more than the president of Afghanistan and Zimbabwe lol. Some of those are crazy!
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Wow, looking at some of those I guess I really am an overpaid government contractor. Oh well.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Since my salary can't be measured in dollars, I don't see how it can be compared to any of those people's, but I'll go look for giggles in a bit maybe.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2011