How often do you have your children clean their rooms?

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 10:26 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• My kids have to make their beds & put their clothes in the hamper before they can come out in the morning. Otherwise mass chaos insues! Every Saturday morning they do the clean of dusting and vaccuming and straightening their closets.
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 10:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Mine usually clean their room every night before they go to bed.
    vchristineg

Answer by vchristineg at 10:27 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Lol. i don't put my kids and the phrase clean room in the same sentence.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:28 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Mine do their homework first room second every night. That way there is never any confusion about how or when it should be done,I don't even have to tell them to do it anymore they just know.
    jazegurl5

Answer by jazegurl5 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Every day.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:47 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• bedroom once a week playroom only when i step on something, lol. His playroom is his own space and noone else goes in there and there is a door I can shut when I don't want to see the mess.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 12:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• daily.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My daughter is 3 and makes a big mess with her toys almost everyda and I have her clean up every day. I make sure she picks up some of them and I will help her when she is doing it on her own without fussing.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• my kids bedroom is self sustaining. Beds, dressers, air cleaner, etc. they have an actual play room which is where the magic happens. I have a very, very strict one toy or one project at a time rule. that way its never a disaster. I encourage tattling because it helps them remember if they forget. if my daughter has built a barbie castle out of blocks and then abandons it to go ride her horse, she knows if she doesn't fix the blocks/barbies 1st she'll be in deep doo-doo with her brother, long before the news gets to me honor system + group responsibility. ... the exception is if they have a friend over and the place gets trashed I'll help them with it. it's a big room, lots of stuff, can be overwhelming
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I agree with hibbingmom.  My kids don't have any bedroom right now because they are being remodeled so everything is in the living room.  I got them a toy box and their toys will be in our living room, not their bedrooms anymore.  Before we started this project, my 3 and 5 year old made their beds and picked up their toys in the morning.  Then they were able to start fresh that day and make messes as they see fit, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2011