Is the bible true, really?

When I was in college I took a Religions class and the guy made it perfectly known that he felt that the bible was make believe and Jesus was NOT the son of God. Of course being young and only knowing what my mother told me I was astonished at what he was saying. Could it be true that the bible is not real?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze0shXucArA&NR=1

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a Christian and I choose not to question God, I believe in Him and don't want or need anyone to try to fill my head with anything else :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Its parable

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Well, you will recieve many different opinions on this,and everyone is entitled to their own, which is fine. As for me, as a Christian, I've never had reason to believe the Bible is anything BUT God's Holy, Written Word. Inspired by Him, and given to us through the Prophets, Disciples, and Apostles He inspired to write what He would have us know. The Bible has comforted me, inspired me, admonished me, taught me God's Will for my life, shown me how the world, and I were created, and gives me the Hope and promise of eternal life in Heaven with Him, through Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. But, as I said, that's my thoughts on it. Doesn't make mine right or wrong, just makes them mine,and others are just as entitled to theirs.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• The Bible is real for those that chose to belief it is real. The Bible was put together through hand me down stories, so if it is true or not, I don't know. I don't think anyone can say one way or another. Believe what you want and don't worry about what someone else tries to get you to believe.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• It's a big book of mythology.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I think that none of the stories are real, but they teach lessons that you may or may not want to use in your real-life. Faith is just a tool to explain some of the unexplainable things in our world.
    LizardAgent

Answer by LizardAgent at 10:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• There are plenty of real bibles, they just happen to be filled with fictitious characters, rumor stories, and a sugar coated fairy tale that deceives the hearts and fills the mind with b/s called faith. If every Christian did their own homework for their own souls instead of believing every lie from a pulpit, there would be a lot less sheep in this world full of wolfs. No offense intended...

bible study

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• The truth always out lives a lie!
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• If you analytical mind, then no it's not true.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:04 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• after taking a mythology class...that is pretty much how I see the bible- a collection of myths
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:05 AM on Jan. 22, 2011