How do you get your Bf/hubby to listen to you?

Okay so i just got a new job and my bf will need to pick up our 10 month old from his parents house when he gets home from work but he doesn't want too. he'd rather wait until i get home so i can pick her up. he doesn't really do anything for her but buy her diapers and wipes and maybe a toy if he feels he has the money for it. i have to beg him to feed her or change her. all he does at work is sit on a fork lift and do nothing but drive it.... i would kill to sit on my ass all day and do nothing for money. i can't take anymore of this and really wanna help him but he doesn't let anyone tell him anything.

MindWarped420

Asked by MindWarped420 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• I just don't give my husband a choice anymore. It is just as much his responsiblity as it is yours! Just put your foot down and let him know what you need him to do for you!
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 10:57 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Honestly, I yell at him and say something to hurt his feelings really bad, and that usually works to get his attention
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 12:10 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• he needs to grow up. when we had our daughter i told him that there was no way that i would allow him to just be there, if he wanted to be there then he would have to put some effort into her as well. maybe u could set it up that ur mom will drop the kids off when he gets off work, so that way he has no choice.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Well, it sounds like he does not want to make the effort to do anything. I would tell him, look, this is what I need done....explain that you are not superwoman and that you cant do everything yourself. Explain that by participating in these activities, it helps him bond with his child. You can say, I know you work just as hard as I do, but you need to pull some of your own weight around here too. He is not a baby or a child. As a mom, you have to take care of your child, but he needs to help you as well Mindwarped.
    tropikanagirl

Answer by tropikanagirl at 2:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I have discovered that at least with my hubby it works the best when i don't talk too much, for example if I need him to take care of the baby I just have to say: ''take care of the baby'' at first I used to give him an explication about why I need him to take care of the baby, and he was like whatever so now I just leave him with my son and go and do whatever I need to do, and he does not even have a chance to say anything to me, he takes good care of our child, I know that he is not gonna let anything happens to our son so if I'm not in home he is responsible for him or even if I'm in home I have stuff to do and he is just watching tv or reading he can take care of the baby too right?
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 2:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2010