burning , imflammed chapped lips! the worst ever!

especialy when i get up in the morning because im not constanly coating my lips with balm, ointment, you name it! The are red and inflammed. and only actually chapped and peely around the outline of my lips! they hurt and are just plain OUCH! Do you think it has anything to do with pregnancy?? im in the early first trimester. .. I think it started right around the time I got pregnant. didnt have time to mention it to my Doctor, and my next appointment isnt for another 2 weeks.
Have you had this problem or do you think its unrelated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i dont think its related. its getting colder outside, which causes dry skin. Try putting vaseline on your lips throughout the whole day.
    Anonymous

• I think it could be related. with my second pg I developed an allergy to lipstick. the only thing I can use is old fashioned chap stick. once you figure out what you are reacting to, it will take a good week of non-exposure for those tender lips to heal. I had to have the doc RX a triamcinilone cream to get mine back to normal. my dd is 5 and I still can't wear lipstick.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 8:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• There are a couple of factors that could be contributing: winter, the season of chapped skin, is upon us; and pregant skin likes to be dry! The fact that you now share your body's moisture means you need to greatly up your water intake, or be dry (and probably sick!). Mention it to your doc and see if s/hell give you a precription ointment. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2008