Should I cut my hair?

My little brother is getting married in July. We are traveling from Northern Indiana to Dallas, TX. I have to spend $75 on the dress, $65 on the shoes, pay for my dd flower girl dress, my ds ring bearer suit, and my dh tux. They want me to wear make up but I can't b/c I'm allergic to everything besides lip gloss. Now they want me to spend $55 to get my hair done by someone who I don't know. I don't let anyone but my sil and mom do my hair. I asked them to send me a pic of how they want my hair done so my mom and I can work on it so it looks just like the other girls and they have refused. My hair is getting really long and I have been wanting to cut it for a long time even more with spring and summer coming up. I don't like long hair in the summer b/c its just too hot and I have thick hair. I get my hair cut for free. We don't have a lot of money and what we do have is saved up so we can buy a house, pay for the kids preschool, fix my dhs car so we can have 2 cars, so the kids and I won't be stuck at home while hes working (he works afternoon/nights) and what little bit that is left over is saving to get us to the wedding. I just don't know what to do. My brother and bridezilla just don't seem to understand we are trying to do things that we need.

tinkerbear02

Asked by tinkerbear02 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I say cut it, i'm sorry but it's UR hair! Hair isn't what makes a wedding anyways! Maybe you can cut it not AS Short right now, until AFTER The wedding??? But all-in-all......I say do what is gonna make you feel best...and dont cut it out of spite lol
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Tell them the truth...say "I Can't AFFORD to get my hair done at that price after all the other expenses. So if you really want my hair done this way, by this person YOU pay for it. Otherwise show me how you want it done and we'll do it." If not then chop away!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• They want you to go through that for their wedding..THEY can pay for it. That's what I would tell them. You have priorities and they cone first. If they don't understand that, well - I wouldn't be in the wedding. But I'm a bitch. ;P
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I think that you've done enough. If bridezilla has a special hair person and style she wants for you, ask her to make the appt and say something like "my budget is entirely maxed out. I'd appreciate it if you could either pay the stylist or else help with our car rental/hotel stay/kids dress shoes/etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• when did it become the bridemaids responsibility to pay for everything herself? i always thought the bride paid for anything they wanted, including the bridemaids' dresses/etc.
    that's crazy, op. do what you want, or can afford. if they don't like it, they can stuff it..or pay for it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Okay! Enough said. It is your hair and you do with what you can live with. No matter what if you do something you do not want to do your in danger of resentment. That is a biggie. I avoid that emotion at all costs. So don't ask. Play dumb. Live with what you want and what you need. You will still be in the wedding.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• you should be able to do what you want. good luck! I let everyone in my wedding line do what they wanted ironically they all ended up picking out the same bridesmaid dress!!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 5:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• when I got married my bridesmaids got to pick out whatever dress they wanted as long as it was the same color. I didn't care how they wanted their hair either. My brother was in the Air Force and couldn't make it home from Germany. Okay I understood that but he never called.
    tinkerbear02

Comment by tinkerbear02 (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2011