Emotional Affair?

Has anyone ever had an emotional affair and what was the outcome?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• My, goodness, these ladies are brutal. I had an emotional affair. Usually , you have one because you are missing something in your relationship. Men have them all the time. alot of these women are very lucky to have found an s/o that they never feel lonley, sad, and ignored with, I wasn't married to my husband yet. I had a boyfriend of 5 years and I started feeling like I was alone in the relationship. He didn't give me what  I needed. He was emotionally closed. So, I turned to the Internet. I went in a chat room and I met this man who talked to me and showed me interest. We connected in every way. I spent hours one line with him, it came to the point where we hat to meet because it was just too intense. He knew I was in a relationship, so there was no sex involved. It was all about our passions, emotions, and interests. To make a long story short my relationship ended on it's own.

emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 8:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Never been in one, I have no reason to be. My Husband is everything and ALL I need. But I will bump for you. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I've never had one, and can't imagine that the outcome would be very good for anyone who did.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Describe what you mean exactly by an emotional affair?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I had one that lasted about a year. We are no longer talking but I still think about him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Yes and it's devastating when it has to stop. It's like finding a soul mate and being ripped apart
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Never had an emotional affair that wasn't physical as well. Had really good, driving your mind crazy chemistry once....but it was unwanted. Had to change jobs but hey...shit happens.
    Anonymous

• Never had a emotional or physical affair. My husband is my one and only!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• An "emotional affair" is an affair, which excludes physical intimacy but includes emotional intimacy and can begin as innocently as a friendship. It may also be called an affair of the heart. Where one partner is in a committed monogamous relationship, an emotional affair is a type of chaste nonmonogamy without consummation. When the affair breaches an agreement in the monogamous relationship of one of the partners to the affair, the term infidelity may be more apt.

I think that maybe I have had an emotional affair! SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!! God forgive me! I love my hubby, but he was working all of the time and my coworker and I were on the same team and had to discuss our clients. Shoot!

Lord forgive me of my sins!
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 2:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I have never had an emotional affair. I'm very guarded about men who want to chit chat. When I worked outside the home it was the weather, business or families! That's it! I know I sound like a prude, but I'm loyal to my dh and would never do anything to jeopardize my marriage.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2011