Between 36 and 37 weeks pregnant

I been having a lot of sharp pains where my ovaries are located and my back. Some tightening but mainly the other two. My baby moves but not as much at all. sometimes it's less than 10 times in an hour. I haven't pass my mucus plug unless i have not noticed because i am the type that wipes and flushes fast. Could I be going into labor or not? this is my first baby. And my stomch hurts on the sides also. I could not sleep at all last night due to that. And omg the hemoroids are so bad now.

lifeisgreatbut.

Asked by lifeisgreatbut. at 11:10 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Could be braxton hicks contractions.....and not everyone loses the mucus plug, and even if one does it can regenerate itself so it's not a true sign of labor.

But in that area it could also be a UTI, kidney infection or even a kidney stone.....the only reason why I think it's just braxton hicks is you said there is tightening as well.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• its tightening but i had went into real labor last week and they stopped it and they said no i can go into labor and they wont stop it. It gets worse as it goes. It's not braxton hicks. I just dont want to go to er if i aint in hard labor. all i know is i can barely walk at times. And i aint sure if i passed my plug. I know my discharge has gotten a lot more the last few days.
    lifeisgreatbut.

Comment by lifeisgreatbut. (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2011