How heavy is too heavy for a bassinet..?

I have a pack n Play... Play pen.
My baby is still unborn.. as of yet. But last night my dad asked "How long can he stay in it?" Which got me thinking.. HOW LONG IS TOO LONG.. HOW HEAVY IS TOO HEAVY..?

Anyone know?

2boys4momma

Asked by 2boys4momma at 11:17 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it should say on the pack n play what the weight limit is. I wouldn't use the top part on a baby that can sit or pull up... and I think the weight limit might be around 20 lbs.
    For the main part... I'm sure it has a weight limit too... my bet is around 35-40 lbs but I haven't looked. By the time they are that old though they will need a real crib or toddler bed.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• For the bassinet part of a pack n play? We only used it once and never used it past 3 months...we took it off at that point. I don't think it's really about weight but about baby rolling off it.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• They have different weight ratings so you should look at your book that came with it.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My 22 mo old still sleeps in the packnplay. We never used the bassinet part, we got it after he was too big for it.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• The top part of the bassinet? I would say 2-3 months. This is because the baby will get more and more active as it grows and I would be worried he/she would be able to roll out.

The pack n' play itself? A couple years at least or until they start climbing out.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 5:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Definitely check the label. I think the more important issue isif baby can move and get stuck in a corner or such.
    stormyvawn

Answer by stormyvawn at 6:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• if you having a girl it might last you for couple of month. My bassinet only last about a month for my boy.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• mine were in it till 5mo so about 16lbs
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 12:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2011