Has anyone have Shingles before??? If so

Where did you have it at? and did pain come first then the rash or what?

I'm 22 years old and I started to get severe pain in my right rib cage back to front. it lasted pretty much the whole day. and even when i was just sitting on the couch it hurt so bad. I lost sleep from the pain at night...Then I started itching where the pain was on my right ribcage So I thought maybe it was dry then 3 days later I got a rash and so I went to the Er and they did a xray and blood test and everything came bak normal and the dumb doctor didn't know what the rash was so he said I had Costochondritis Its the cartilage joining the rib and breast bone that inflamed. so he gave me meds for that and meds for the itching....Well this morning I notice my rash is spreading on my right side of the belly...

So Do you think I have shingles???? and Should I go back to the ER???

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Health

• dumb towel head doctor REALLY? was that needed?

anyway when my brother had them they were on his hands and looked like little blisters.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My son had them and they were blisters, they tend to follow the nerve lines under you skin. He had them on his neck. It never looked like a rash.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:43 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• When I had it, it almost looked like ring worm! Nasty right. And it is most common on near nerves. Like your spine. And your ER doctor, was probably correct. And since your blood work came back normal, it's not shingles. (& charis is correct, was that comment needed?)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My sister swears I had them but I don't know. I hear shingles is terribly painful. What I had just itched like crazy around my waistline and belly. Whatever I get comes back every few years in the exact same spot. I would not go back to the ER. Shingles is highly contagious. If you have it and give it to someone with a low immune system that would be bad. I'd call the ER and ask them what to look for and google it looking for pix of shingles before I went out or was around anyone.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I had it up on my upper leg. My neice had it on her back. It looked like blisters and is VERY painful.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Yes I am very sorry my commented ^ there in my Question. and Thanks everyone for ur comments
    nicole0709442

Comment by nicole0709442 (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2011