looking for a fulltime preschool/daycare

My daughter is 3 1/2 and I am researching preschools in the area. Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated.

tdambra

Asked by tdambra at 11:50 AM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I sent my son to The Goddard School. Our local school was awesome. My autistic son entered there after almost 2 years of early intervention and speech therapy and had made minimal progress. As I had to get a full time job, and the local school district wouldn't transport him to EI classes, nor would they provide speech therapy. I had concerns, but life didn't allow me many options. It was the BEST thing that happened to us. After two months, he was starting to use full sentences and was participating and learning without any specialist working with him. The Goddard School made a huge difference in his life.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Make an unannounced visit and catch them off guard then you will really see how the daycare runs. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 12:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Preschool & daycare are NOT the same thing. I have no idea where "in the area" is so I can't offer any suggestions. Ask moms in your area - that is truly the best way to "research" daycare or preschool.
    Anonymous

• The only recommendations I have is to read reviews if they are available online. visit the school with your toddler so you can see what goes on on a day to day basis and so your toddler can get a feel as well. Use your best judgement in the deciding if the school area is safe, appropriate for your child and you and your needs.

Before I enrolled my daughter I went for the day with her and they let her interact and be a part of the class for the day.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Definitly do your homework on this one -- And you can't ask too many questions. She needs Pre-school and NOT daycare :-) Good luck!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2011