help someone i need advice

what are the signs of labor? when will i know i am in labor? when will i know when to go to the hospital? this is scarey. i am between 36 and 37 weeks now.

lifeisgreatbut.

Asked by lifeisgreatbut. at 12:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You will know. You will fee cramping and it will become regular. When the contractions are about 3 minutes apart, that's when you want to go to the hospital.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• The major difference i saw between labor and "fake" labor was with labor i was so uncomfortable, i could only sit and stand for like a minute at a time, i would stand then sit, stand then sit, cuz i was so uncomfortable and felt like i had major stomach cramping, and when sitting and you start really like sweating and fidgeting and feeling like your about to pass a bowel movement so big and its just...really uncomfortable.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 12:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• You will have a feeling of having to go to the bathroom and can't.Kind of a cramping not to bad though,it will make your tummy tight .Lower back pressure too.Its not really a hard cramp or pain mainly pressure.And of course if your water breaks,its time to go.It will be find dear don't worry!!Good luck.,
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• thanks grimelda i am having all that. going check
    lifeisgreatbut.

Comment by lifeisgreatbut. (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I had BH with my second child from month 5 so when I got close like you are, I cried my eyes out every night scared I wouldn't know the difference. With my 1st child my water broke then contraction started and I went to the dr. With baby 2 i was already have the contractions so I was wasn't sure what the main difference was going to be. For me BH contraction were like pre term labor 5 min apart 1.5+ minutes in length and I had them all the time. The day I went to the dr in labor with baby the 1 thing that set the contraction apart from all the rest was the pressure. When false labor or BH walking is not a problem. With labor, contraction take your breath away and you have a hard time walking and standing through them. Of all things I was most worried I would go in and dr. would send me home. Lucky for me I was in labor and baby was born 18 hrs later.

It is surprising how things change and you know its time.

Good luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• ohh you will know lol its a pain that you have never experienced an awful pain thats undeniable.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 2:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2011