Diarrhea & Pregnant.... Help!!

I am 5 months pregnant and had a bought with the flue on Monday, started throwing up and then on Tuesday started having liquid diarrhea. Other than feeling a little queasy and having liquid diarrhea I feel fine.

My concerns are dehydration and lack of nutrients for the baby. Does anyone have some solutions?? I am on Day 5 of this and this morning I had hope that it was clearing up and then shortly after that the flood gates opened and I am back to square one. If this is still bad next week I will go to the Dr.

Thank you for your help!!!

ChristyW3

Asked by ChristyW3 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Health

• I have six children and while, this, in no way makes me an expert. . . . . I can tell you what I would do?

B.R.A.T diet to start with: Bananas:Rice:Applesauce:Toast All of these foods and the combination of these foods will help with settling down your digestive systems. They are all "binding" foods. Do not add anything else to the diet until your system calms down.
    Also drink small sips of beverages like water, flat cola, flat ginger ale, and also gatroade or power ade are good.

Hope you feel well soon!
    blessings,
    bon♥
    bonnieblue06

Answer by bonnieblue06 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Call your OB/Midwife they should be able to offer advice or reccomend going to the hospital I had the flu when I was pregnant and they told me to go to the hospital and get fluids.Good Luck
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I was told to drink a sip every 10-15 minutes to prevent dehydration. If you are throwing up and having diarrhea, you have a greater chance of dehydration and should call your doctor. Don't wait until next week.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I am right there with you only I am only 4 weeks along. The is my 4th and I would have to say that something about being pregnant and my hormones make me have diarrhea, not pleasant but true. I don't really worry about it unless I am throwing up as well. I hope that you are able to figure something out because it is not fun.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Blackberry Juice. If you can't find blackberry by itself V8 Fusions makes a cranberry/blackberry which is so good.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2011