5 Month old will not warm up to her Daddy. I mean, she literally instantly cries when she is in his arm. Not like wimper, but all out balling. Any one else go thru this, or have insite?

Daddy, is there everyday after work. he talks to her and help with every thing. but the moment he starts to hold her, she wails. Like there is some type of fear there. If she is in my lap she smiles and talks (babbles) to him, and all is happy happy joy joy. We have done the whole Mommy gone for 5-10-15 etc minutes. I have gone to the gym for an hour and come back to a baby that has been crying for 45 minutes. Does anyone have any clues? Or is there anyone who has been thru this? HELP!!!!!!!!!!

keepitsimple088

Asked by keepitsimple088 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know the answer,but believe this or not,but when one of my nephews were born,his own mother could'nt hold him after he got like 4 months old.It was aweful,he screamed everytime she held him,she had to hold him on her lap facing away from her.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My baby used to do that too. Maybe its something about a man's touch that isn't as warm as a women's. I'm not sure the actual reason why your baby might be doing that...I just wanted to tell you that I want through the same thing ! You and your hubby aren't alone...my bf was very hurt by this when my baby did it to him. Now my son is 7 months and he lets daddy hold him all the time. So he grew out of it. Hope this helped!!
    MandyAshley

Answer by MandyAshley at 10:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Well, I thought this was happening with my dd and her daddy, but after a family outing, I realized (we all saw) that it wasn't that she DIDN'T want daddy . . . just that she WANTED me. She cries whenever anyone else holds her most of the time. Sometimes she'll be ok for a few minutes, but then if she sees me or if I leave the room . . . that's it, she cries. Now, she goes to her grandparents every Friday to sleep over . . . I'm really trying to socialize her. Could this possibly be your situation also? Are there other people that she allows to hold her besides you?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Shes a mommys Girl!!!
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• my girl used to get moody whenever anyone else would hold her n so i started lettin other people hold her while i played w her n then stared gettin the person holding her to join in n eventually i didnt have to really b there...it took a while but eventually the transition worked...hope this helps a lil
    Killemo

Answer by Killemo at 8:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2008