How do I get the background a solid color? (of my own picture, like on paint!)

I have tried and tried to figure it out, but I just CAN'T!!!!!

you have your own picture, and there's stuff in the background, so you want to just color the background a solid color, like black.....how do I do that? if i have to use a program is there any free?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I haven't been able to get a different background, like from from living room to a beach....you usually need a paid for photo editor software to do it....but I HAVE been able to do solid colors. If you upload your image to www.photobucket.com (accounts are free) and edit it there is a cut out feature that will closely follow the lines of an object and allow you to remove the background and then paint it in with a solid color or leave white.

A before and after example
    Before:http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff268/Mom2Jack04/xmas013-1-1.jpg

After: http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff268/Mom2Jack04/xmas013-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

It's not perfect...it's a little choppy, but the it's purpose (our holiday cards) the printed version was smaller and the choppyness wasn't as noticeable
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Can you go to create a background and pick a solid color? When I joined cm there wasnt a whole lot of options to choose from. Cafe mom had created these solid backgrounds. Now I looked and I cant even find them for you. So much has changed and there are sooo many features to choose from now. I think your going to have to play with it a little more. Maybe find a background thats close to solid black. Good luck
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• beyondhopes - thank you, but i should have reworded my question lol. I meant like my own picture, can I put it into paint, and change the background of it, to like a beach, or even a solid color. I didn't mean on cafemom =P thank you though!!!!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• oh sorry, ok thats WAY over my head,,,good luck though
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2011