Do you or someone you know have Sleep Apnea?

I Just found out I do and was just wondering how many others have it and what their number is. Mine is 11 right now.

jennyfrances

Asked by jennyfrances at 12:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Health

• I have a few friends who have it- not sure of a number though.... Did they offer the machine for sleeping?? Some friends have it and say they couldn't live without it now.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• my dad has it but it's not very serious. im not sure of his number either.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My husband has it, my brother in law has it, my aunt has it and a good friend of mine has it. I do not know their numbers though. My husband and friend use the machine faithfully.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I am fairly sure my DH's is at 11 as well. They tweak it often, he has a lot of problems (nose bleeds, piercing diaphragm pain, etc) but better than stopping breathing a zillion times a night
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I have a few freinds husbands who have it but I haven't never asked their numbers
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Yes I got my machine yesterday. Unfortunately our insurance didn't cover it because our major medical deductible hadn't been met. Anyway kinda down having to spend money on that and couldn't used it some where else for my family. Anyway I hope I have good results in the end.

jennyfrances

Comment by jennyfrances (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My husband has it pretty bad and my uncle had it so bad the house practically would shake with each snoring breath he'd take! Anyway, I'm gonna schedule an appointment with an ear, nose, and throat doctor to check out my hubby for his snoring. I've counted the number of seconds for him between his breathing at night, and it's been upwards of 30 secs at times before he even takes another breath. NOT GOOD! If it's that bad it's pretty serious and you can even get cardiac arythmia because of it and not getting enough oxygen. Some ppl have even been known to die because they simply stopped breathing because of Sleep Apnea. I'm not sure what you mean by the #??
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 12:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My DH had it - he went in for a sleep study, then ended up having surgery (vs. spending every night for the rest of his life on a C-Pap machine.) It's been 6 years since his surgery, and he doesn't regret it at all.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• most preemies have it when born - my son did - they just monitor them if it isnt bad - he grew out of it but i wonder if he is more likely to have it as an adult. i hear it is really annoying to sleep with those darth-vadar sounding machines and most people do well after the surgury. good luck!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I have sleep apnea and also use a C-Pap machine every night. Now that I am used to it, I can't imagine not sleeping with it. I am not sure what you mean by the # either. Are you meaning what the machine is set at? My machine is very quiet but the very first one I had was really noisy and the air itself was noisy also. The one I have now is very quiet and makes less noise than the natural night noises of the house. Good luck.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2011