Please no bashing

My SO's cousin is due on the same day as my DD's birthday. She is praying she goes into labor on the same day as my DD. As I am happy for her, I don't want my DD to share the same birthday as her DS, I know that may sound selfish, but that is my DD's day, and if her DS is born on the same day, she will have to share her day. His family rarely sees our children, and didn't even go to her first birthday (besides his mother, dad and sister) Now I know if her DS is born on the same day, they really are NEVER going to see her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I understand completely. My son was born via emergency c-section 10/30 at 11:55pm ... I was screaming at the top of my lungs strapped to the board that if my son was born on Halloween I was gonna sue the hell out of everyone there. I didn't want him to have to share HIS SPECIAL DAY w/ a holiday. I think she's just excited about the baby, etc and not thinking about the potential awkwardness + hurt feelings in the future. good luck and don't let her eat anything too spicy :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• i totally understand! i wouldnt want them to share either!! its a special day!!
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• If they aren't coming around already, another birthday on the same day isn't going to change that.... If you ask me it would just be one more thing to celebrate!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• understandable. don't sweat it, chances are she won't go into labor or even have the baby that same day.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 12:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Well, of course, you have no control over when she goes into labor. I hope this isn't dominating your thoughts. Just try to be happy for your cousin-in-law, regardless of when she has her baby.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Well, chances are she isn't going to go into labor on your DD's birthday. How many kids are actually born on their due date? Not a lot, that's for sure! Unless she's scheduled to be induced, I wouldn't worry about it!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• my friend's daughter was born the day before my daughter, same year. i think its really cool that they are only a day apart, and they're best friends. they think it's really cool, too. when they get older we might even have joint birthday parties for them (if they wanted to, of course). i really don't find it a big deal at all, even if he is born on the same day they're not "sharing" it. its pure coincidence and you can't really change it if he is born that day, so no reason to stress over it. the day will still be your daughter's regardless, and she may even think it's awesome that she has the same birthday as her relative.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• you have no control and neither does she - leave it up to god. yes that sucks! but you have to spin it positively if it happens to dd and hide your discontent... by the time she is 6 she will only care if her friends come to her bday - this year my mom crapped out on me - didnt come to ds' big last family party - i CREATED a batcave for godsake and she didnt even come to see it! but ya know what - ds didnt notice - with all the other ppl and friends and games and gifts and cake - he doesnt even know. because I didnt tell him - but IKNOw and i am not happy with her about it - i figure she deserves come-up-ins and i will diss on something big to her.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I can understand what you mean but it's not going to stop her from going into labor on that day if that's what happens.  Let it go.  Don't stress out about it.  You are going to make sure that YOUR daughter has awesome birthdays regardless right?  So don't sweat it.  As long as your daughter is happy, that's all that matters.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2011