crayon in the dryer~HELP!

Any idea how to get orange crayon out of clothes after they went thru the dryer? and How do I get the crayon cleaned out of the dryer?

BusyBeesmom

Asked by BusyBeesmom at 1:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I just saw a commercial the other day for a laundry sheet that you can throw in the washer so that it removes color from fading clothes and absorbs it so that the light colors don't absorb it. I wonder if that would work for you?
    google it?
    blessings,
    bonā™„
    bonnieblue06

Answer by bonnieblue06 at 1:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I had this same problem a few months back and NOTHING I did seemed to work!!! My daughter had stuffed several crayons into the pocket of her pants lol She never puts anything in her pockets so I didnt even think to check. Alot of our stuff was ruined. If you find anything at all that works for you I would sure love to know
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My daughter left a crayon in the backseat of our car and it melted and so far nothing we've tried has managed to get it out (other than scraping it with our fingernails). I read that WD-40 will work, and a magic eraser on the inside of the dryer drum. Google it, I believe the ehow website has an article that could explain it better than I can.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Okay, the color catcher sheets bonnie mentioned will NOT work in this instance. I've had this happen many times - with red, blue, and green. And I have always gotten every speck of color out of the clothes, by doing the same thing. I put the stuff back in the washer, and wash it on hot, with regular detergent. If there are still some marks after that, I do the same thing - hot wash, but I use a heavy duty all-purpose cleaner in place of the detergent (I use it in more laundry, the one I have is safe on clothing and takes out the worst stains!). I repeat til it's out. As for the dryer...I didn't have spots in there that bothered anything else, so probably either scrape it out or use hot water & good cleaner?
    Anonymous

• try goo-gone or butane lighter fluid
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Oh - another one. The first time it happened to me, I asked about it in one of my groups, and someone said to use contact solution - the stuff you use to clean your contacts. Spray it right on the crayon spots, let sit a bit, and wash. I didn't try that as my way worked fine, but thought I'd add that since I just thought of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jan. 23, 2011