HEEELLLLPPPP!

Ok ladies. Heres the prob. I have been divorce fr my husband of 10yrs for about 3yrs now. We have 3 kids 2gether. A son whos 11 and 2girls ages 8 & 6. Since then I've dated & had a daughter by another guy whom we r no longer 2gether. He visits his daughter fr time to time and helps out w/ her finacially. Lately I've been having probs w/ my son. He is jus startn middle school & his attitude sucks! He is very disrespectful and disobedient. He always torture my 6 & 8yr old. He never wants to help out w/ household chores. I feel like loosing my mind! When I went to my ex hubby 4 help. He insisted its all my fault. I exposed him to thngs he is not use to dealing with (having another man around & having a new baby). But this guy isnt even around him like that. he comes 4 mayb an hour visit and leaves. This occurs mayb 3 times out the mnth. I thnk its bcus he is entering his teenage years he'll b 12 soon & I thnk its jus one of those fazes all preteens/teens go thru. But he insist on it being all my fault. Smtimes I feel he compares me to his mom & wat he had to endure as a child w/ an abusive step father. Idk.. I know Im up 2 my eye balls in stress trying to juggle everything & keep my family happy & healthy. Can anyone giv me advice on this? Is my ex right? Is there any1 out there who is going thru or been thru similar situations?

tiamesmer

Asked by tiamesmer at 1:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I agree with mommy of two388. Teenagers are tough. His body is changing, his hormones as well. He probably confused about being a big guy now. Plus he is body is growing and it is so stressful with teenager boys. They are in growing pain and they can't do that much as when they are kids, because they feel tired and anxious most of the time. This is puberty. I would buy a book for him about puberty (probably it would be good for you to read it as well.) Some of these books are really good and answer loads of questions a parents or a boy can have in that age. Probably the new sibling is not helping as well. But you never know if you don't ask. Probably he would need a male role model for him. Is your parents around? Or try to make him find a hobby where the group leader is nice guy who can teach good behaviour for the boy. Like a coach or something like that. Good luck mummy and hugs.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 3:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• He sounds like any other kid hitting puberty
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Your ex is a jerk and no he isn't right. I agree it's just puberty and his hormonal rage.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My oldest son is doing the same thing and he's 13. My ex is never around and my husband now is the only father he's ever really had. We have found that finding things that are his own (activities, sports, etc.) have really helped as well as making sure he has plenty of time with his friends. I make sure I am around when he is near his younger siblings (10 & 8). But it's hard. Every day we go through the rage and emotions and fights. It's a battle. And everyday I thank heavens my parents didn't throw in the towel because I KNOW I was worse!
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 9:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Yup it's normal for his age.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• like you said..its a typical boy hitting puberty..and its as symple as that..I cant help with the specifics..cuz I have young children..Good Luck tho..and tell ur ex to bite himself..it isnt ur fault..but if u thinki t may be..try talkin to ur son about the baby and the other guy.I mean it shouldnt be that much of deal..idk that sounds wrong..but ur ex seems to think its jealousy..which wouldnt make sense because u have two other children younger than him..

but liek I said..sounds like puberty..stick to ur discipline and buckle up for a long ride!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 9:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2011