What's your relationship with your dad like??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• He died when I was 3 so there is none. My step dad however I dont care much for even though Ive known him since 4
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Great for me. I love my dad and we are very similar in most our views and in personality. It's my mom that I can't stand.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My dad- awesome. We still talk all the time and visit when we can. He told me all the time how wonderful he thought I was. My bio-father, not so much.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 1:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• When I was younger I was daddy's girl. Now I'm a little closer to my mom because I am a mom too. My dad still loves to talk to me, he tells my DH stories about me from when I was younger, and my mom told me that he said if they had the money they'd buy a house where we live so he could see us more. She said he misses me and my kids much more than he lets on.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Nonexistant.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 1:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Meh. We talk but we aren't close. It's more like a 2nd cousin relationship over father daughter relationship.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• He is one of my best friends!
    We have always been super close (I am the only girl), and as i have grown, we have become closer than ever! I see him a few times a week, for lunch or taking my DD to the park. And usually, i get a call, text or email from him about some concert or trip he wants to go to or take, and invites me, my SO, and our DD. From going to Vegas to se the beach boys, to the Hollywood bowl and Stevie nicks, to lady gaga, cruise to Hawaii, trip to Minnesota, trip to London ... We are always doing something together. I am proud and very lucky to have such a supportive, involved, loving father who thinks my DD, my SO and I deserve the world!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I grew up with my father in the home but our relationship is very distant and that is true for all my sibilings. He is very quiet and reserved and doesnt really interact with us well. Our close relationship with our mother makes him more distant from us because he feels we love her more. I do love and appreciate him but he has done somethings that make me want to keep a small distance.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• close, very but also a little awkward too. I'm an only child so we've always been close. More like a good friend? I admire him and care for him deeply. My husband does too..... he spends 10x more time with my dad than his own
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Nil
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2011