Dilantin

Hi everyone my grandson is on dilantin close to two years now and his tooth seems to be getting very yellow and some areas around the gum line is black. Has anyone experience this condition while taking this medication or any other side effect,your answers will be greatly appreciated.

foreverhumble

Asked by foreverhumble at 1:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I dont have a child on that medication. I would definitely speak to the pediatrician and dentist because being a child with possibly rotting and or stained teeth can be devastating especially if it could have been prevented with proper care.
    Anonymous

• I can effect your teeth and gums. i took it growing up and lost alot of my teeth because of it. Always had cavities, no matter how well I took care of them. Maybe talk to the ped. and see if they can do anything about it.
    Anonymous

• He should be seeing a dentist every 6 months. It is horrible on the teeth & gums. It can also cause kidney damage & infertility. My ex had all these problems because his dr never adjusted his dose down once his seizures were under control.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2011