what age is this acceptable in your opinion?

child gets up, grabs a granola bar and juice box and either watches a movie or plays toys quietly for 45 minutes to an hour til parent gets up. .... How about the whole movie of 90 minutes+ ?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 1:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would wait until my daughter was at least 5-6 to do that.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I agree kindergarten age
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• yeah 5.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 1:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Once they're capable of doing all of those things. And you know that they will be safe, not getting into anything they shouldn't, probably 3 or 4.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• As soon as she can get downstairs without falling, and can reach to open the cupboard. I'm not real keen on the tv part... but as long as she's not terrorizing, I'm fine with it.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 1:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My son who is 5, will do this.  He doesn't get me up, he'll get a snack, and a drink and play with his toys.  My 3 year old doesn't do that and I am thankful.  She likes to use A LOT of toilet paper when she goes to the bathroom alone so I would be waking up to clogged toilets every morning, lol.  My son started doing it on his own, not something I like or dislike.  They can't open any windows or get out of the house period so I see nothing wrong with it.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My kids were not up on their own until my older one was about 10 and my younger one 6.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• 4 or older, depending on the child. My DD loved doing that when she was that age (I was awake, getting ready for work). My DS13 liked mommy to get him breakfast, same with my DS3 - I expect he will be the same way when he's old enough to do it for himself.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My girl is 4 and very mature to do that & sit nicely & not touch anything or get into any trouble but this never ha[[end for that long of a time we are up within minutes anyways but she is very good like that
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• i would say it depends less on the age and more the maturity of the child. between 4-6 id say
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 2:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2011