would moving to another state cause iwant to start over be selfish of me on my kids

i want to move to another state and start a new life but that means uprooting my children and making them ajust to another life also .would that be selfish on my part ?i would get everything transfered first like job,place to live and stuff like that but making them leave friends and change schools is bothering me what would u do-HELP PLEASE-any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

motherloves5

Asked by motherloves5 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• What about the father? If he is part of their lives? If yes I would think it's selfish and probably illegal to  move without permission to another state.

Anonymous

• no he dont give a damn about us he left us a long time ago ive been a single mom for a few years now and that is a major part of the move he has another family and has not seen them on his will in a longggg time the only way they see him is if they are at there grandmothers when he and his new family shows up and he ignores them when that happens
    motherloves5

Answer by motherloves5 at 8:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• if you moved in the middle of the school year yes that would be selfish when the only reason your wanting to move is to simply start over the easiest way on the kids would be to set a certain date you would like to be moved by in the summer that way the kids get to finish the school year and have time to say goodbye to there friends and at the same time you can use this time now to get what you need to get done done and have a chance to introduce the move instead of just springing it on them I would tell them a few months in advance at least that way they expect it know whats going to happen and can spend extra time with there close friends now and get there goodbyes in order doing it in the middle of the school year could just make a mess of things
    one_white_rose

Answer by one_white_rose at 8:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Wow, sorry to hear about your kids dad. I would probably wait until school is over then before you make a move. GL
    Anonymous

• I moved to a different state about a year and a half ago- my daughter was going into 8th grade and my son was going to be a junior in hs. My daughter was scared of all the change (she had lived in the same place all her life) and it turned out to be the best thing for her- she is now a staight A student, has so many good friends (more than when we lived in NH) and tells me all the time that we can not move again because she loves it here. I did however let my son stay in NH with his grandparents because he wanted to finish hs there- breaks my heart that he is not with me (I see him ever 2 weeks when I go back) though I did respect his choice to stay. Moving sometimes turns out a lot better then the kids realize. I would suggest moving after school gets out though- gives them the summer to adjust to their new surroundings. Good luck. :)
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• How old are your kids?
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Why do you want to do this?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:45 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• 15,6 ,4and a half i feel a new start somewhere away from here would really do us good i also have arthur in my left knee and right shoulder and the warm weather would be better on me physically and to take them away from the battle that is not there fault would be better.
    motherloves5

Answer by motherloves5 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2008

• i agree on the summertime also
    motherloves5

Answer by motherloves5 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2008