how do i steralize my breast pump?

I haven't used it in a year and baby boy is coming in 6 days and I don't know how to steralize this thing. Help please!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 2:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They have sterilization bags at target, you put the parts that need sterilized in, after they have been washed, add the sterilization pad, close it, pop it in the microwave, and when it's done, u just toss the bad and pad away.I liked using them for my pump and the kids binkies.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Stick it in dishwasher. If you are like me and don't have a dishwasher, clean the sink really well and put the stopper in. Boil a huge pot of water and dump in the sink. I put a capful of bleach in the water and let it sit for awhile. Make sure you clean it really well after that to get the bleach off of it. Some people use the non chemical sterilizer stuff instead of bleach. Depends on your preference.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Sterilize it as a bottle. You could put it in water with a sterilizer tablet. And after you can put it in the sterilizer just in case. Actually it depends on what kind of breast pump do you have though.
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 2:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• If you are talking about a manual breast pump you would treat it like a bottle. If you are talking about an electronic one like Medela then you don't do anything. Just make sure all the attachments are clean.

Congratulation on the upcoming baby!!! I have 4 more months!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2011