SAHM: Do you nap when your toddler does?

My son always gets up at the crack of dawn! I lways get up and make him breakfast and on the days I stay home with him I play with him until naptime, but I also nap during nap time. My husband always makes comments about how easy my life is and how it must be nice to get to nap everyday. (He has a desk job for the record) Am I lazy? I Keep my house really clean, plus I go to school full time and do homework into the wee hours of the night. I am so mad at him for being such a jerk and making me feel bad about it. Who is right here?

usdragonflies

Asked by usdragonflies at 2:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• no, that's what i did when i only had 1 kid. i would just tell hubby to get a life.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Are you kidding? I am a WAHM who takes a break and takes a nap when mine does.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I would leave him home with the child alone for a week. After that week he wouldn't make any comment about how easy is a SAHM's life... Try it out:P It works:)
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 2:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• generally not but sometimes I can get so tired I must. I prefer to have the time to rest, eat something nummy, make phone calls/appointments, etc.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I did, and you know what the terd did! He dropped kid off with his mother until it was bedtime every night!
    usdragonflies

Comment by usdragonflies (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I don't nap with her, but it's because my body doesn't let me. I veg out when she is sleeping, or make the phone calls that are impossible when she is awake.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 2:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I used to soemtimes. Make a list of absolutely everything you do and show it to him. Talk things over and tell him how much it hurts for him to make these comments. hug

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Noway!!! That is bad. I would be furious if my SO would do the same. Sometimes guys are just so... Than next time tell him than you don't have a mum to drop the kiddo off when you are in a mood to do that... Hugs. Don't bother about him. Let yourself know you are doing everything you can for your baby and for your house. If you know that you will be fine. A SAHM doesn't mean you are not doing anything. It means you are working with child(ren) 24/7. And I have been doing that for 10 years. And it is one of the most beautiful but really tiring job. If he can't appreciate it than he doesn't worth to worry about. Tell him stop complaining. GL:)

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 2:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I understand where you are coming from and i dont think it is a matter of who is wrong or right -> He will never see it your way! (even if he was the caregiver at another point.)
    I agree with you because i used to be able to nap every time they did (now my 2 year old doesn't nap anymore - so i cant) and my working husband would say well i wish i could watch the kids and nap. when i try to tell him that my naps are well deserved and needed since what we do it CRAZY all day long but there is no way he will ever understand. Honestly after a while i took my naps and just didn't tell him. Its not a lie its just avoiding a fight. He claims that he "knows its not that hard" because of when he watched them in the first couple of months of life but now as moving destructors it is much more exhausting.
    TAKE YOU NAP !!!! just don't boast about it .. your own little daily "thing" for yourself. No excuse necessary!
    motherof3tome

Answer by motherof3tome at 2:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• yup..i take a nap with my almost 3 yr old..most times its becouse there isnt anythign elae to do..
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2011