if you were seriously hurt/sick/injured right now this moment ...

who'd take the kids as the ambulance drove off with you?
how would your absence (let's say 15 days?) effect your family?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Health

• My MIL would until hubby gets home from work. We are a very close family. If I went away for 15 days (and I have) my house would not get cleaned AT ALL! Hubby and son would eat fast food every night, cause I normally make dinner everynight. Son would probably not get a bath unless MIL did it for hubby. Men really are useless the majority of the time.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My husband works an hour away, but I have awesome friends, they would pitch in to do stay with them and to help out
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I have a friend or two that could take my DD. My family would fly ASAP!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• for me i would call my FRG and someone from the post would come look after my kids. as for the 15 day either A) a team of Army Wives would come in and help or B) they would send my husband home from afghanistan depending on the severity of the injury.... and it would greatly effect my family. my husband depends on talking to me to help him while hes deployed and i depend on him. my kids also depend on me so this would great disrupt our house hold UNLESS daddy was home..even then there would be some issues.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• i have often wondered that....i have no idea. especially if it was an emergency and i was unconcious or something like that. i don't know who would take them until husband got there from work. if i was gone for 15 days i'm sure we would work something out by then.....find someone to come and stay with the kids until i get back.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My FIL is in town. He'd stay until things seem stabilized.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My Mom or if my MIL was home she would and my mom would be on her way to the ER with me, she has always been by mine and my kids side anytime me or them were sick or had to have surgery.. she is always there for me so she would take the kids home with her til I was able to watch them , I doubt unless he had to my hubby wouldn't leave my side..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 3:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My MIL and it would be a huge set back as my husband would have to miss work.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• my So would take care of our DD and I would have to say that He would do a pretty good job and if he needed some help we have very close friends who would help fill in the gaps for him.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2011