Not really a question, more of a statement.

I haven't been on here for a while and I wanted to say thanks to all the nice moms on here that answered my past questions with kindness and respect. This is a new year for me and I am letting go of all the negative things in my life that hold me back from achieving greatness. I was holding on to a lot of anger from my childhood and I'm here to say it's time to start over and let it all go. I have a new lease on life and regardless of what I have been through in my life, I know that I am special and I can make my dreams come true.

I've spent too many years drifting through life instead of living my life and that changes this year. I was angry that I was only able to obtain a 6th- grade education and that I also missed out on experiencing things that other kids had the chance to do. I got my GED and even though it doesn't make up for the gaps in my education, I am capable of being a self-learner and re-educating myself. I've let go of the anger and I have forgiven my mom for the childhood that I had.

I want to tell people who are angry at their parents to learn to forgive, release the anger, and let go. Life is too short to live in misery. I still have a long journey ahead of me and it will take time to play catch-up, but it is worth it to be free of pain from my past. Just like Fantasia Barrino said in her book, "I'm smart, just not educated". Let's make 2011 a positive year. Thanks everyone.

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am sorry about your childhood. I have had experiences with 2 family members like this also. Forgiving takes alot of time and I am glad it came to you. I have forgiven but I address it in my family life NOW by being a better parent to my children. If anything, take those bad experiences and forgive the person, but let it help mold the BETTER person you can become. Get right with yourself first and then you can triumph anything, mama. GL! Bumped ya. :)
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 3:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Good luck to you momma!! Hope its a GREAT year for you
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 2:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Good luck to u :)
    sandi2011

Answer by sandi2011 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• When you forgive it gives you FREEDOM for you and the one that you have forgiven. Its an amazing thing! So glad you were able to deal with these things. It is a PROCESS and we do get it eventually ! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Thank you all for the positive posts. It has taken me many years to get over the pain from my childhood, and I realized that I was only hurting myself and my child with the negative way that I viewed life. Good luck to eveyone who wants to make positive changes.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Lots of luck with that. My opinion is that forgiveness is for wimps, but I also think that you shouldn't hold on to resentment if you don't have the stomach for it. It's a truely lost art form.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2011