Whats so bad about SpongeBob?

I was talking to my ex husband and he told me about all these forums about spongebob and it not being right for kids. my son is 2.5 and he loves spongebob. im not going to be like-u cant watch it anymore! i understand it doesnt teach kids anything-but is it the worst cartoon ever??

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Entertainment

• I just find it really annoying and I can't take listening to it. It is not watched at all in our house.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with it all all, all of my kids watch it - they are 13, 11, and 3. I watch it with them sometimes, and have never seen anything remotely questionable. I think it's much ado about nothing.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My kids watch it, but I limit how much. It's not that I feel it is bad, it just annoys me.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 2:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My 8 yr old son has been watching it for years...a lot of things go over his head, there is a lot of adult humor that he doesn't get. No harm watching it, weird...but fine.
    laur1963

Answer by laur1963 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• yes i cant stand sponge bob. we do not allow spongebob in the house well mommy doesnt daddy loves it and watches it on sunday afternoons. normally after a while tho i just go in our room and paint my nails. i cant stand that yellow sponge : / but its more of an annoying thing..
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I agree with scuba. there are so many things people make big deals about cause they have no life. Have you seen the banned booked lists lately? Winnie the pooh is on the list becuse he isn't wearing clothes in the book! It really is getting out of hand!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• its can just be a bit stupid and annoying but the kids like it and i really dont care. sometimes ill even watch it, if its not a really ridiulous one. but i have wondered a few times if spongebob isnt gay, he doesnt have a girl friend isnt even remotely interested in one and he adores squidard. hmm makes you wonder lol
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• LOL i have seen people on here complaining about sponge bob being sexual and citing the episode where they all got the ick and consequently gary had to de-ick them. so obviously de-ick is code for dick and therefore sponge bob is a perverted cartoon! give me a break....me and my kids watch sponge bob all the time and i have yet to see anything inappropriate (besides the obvious cartoon stuff like pulling his arms off, etc. which i point out to my kids that sponges, sea stars and crabs can re-grow lost limbs even in real life). i think that the people who say sponge bob is so terrible really are grasping at straws with the things they cite as reasons. annoying i can see, but the whole sexual content thing is baseless imo. i agree with you 100%

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• winnie the pooh! on a banned book list! holy crap that just tops the cake what a bunch of BS
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• it's annoying, acting like a 5yr old when he's not even a kid. what message does that send to kids? that they never have to grow up.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2011