The Walmart Ring!

I have told many of you that if you have a problem with something I have said that you are more than welcome to tell me.  I don't get crazy or threaten to kick anyones ass.  It has been brought to my attention that something I said earlier on a post has offended a few of my fellow Cafemommers.  I was NOT making fun of ANYONE buying a Walmart wedding ring.  The way that that poster said it is what I found funny.  I'm sorry to you ladies who thought that I was putting them down, that is not the case.  :)

MrsHouston47302

Asked by MrsHouston47302 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in About CafeMom

• a ring's a ring, right??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• lol... the best ring ive ever got (so far was from walmart). i got so many compliments on that ring........
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 2:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I have a walmart ring! We got married at 19 and it was all my dh could afford. It has been 5 yrs and both the wedding and engagment band have cracked so I am trying to talk the hubs into a new one. I like the design of the band, but wouldnt mind a bigger rock
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My first husband got my ring at AVON!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Walmart has some pretty damn expensive rings. ugh who ever got offended should politely stfu, because somepeople are PROUD of their weddings rings and don't get offended when (even if miscommunicated) someone judges thier ring... I MEAN HELLO> it's a flipping material item. yes they mean a lot, but so do your kids. I'd be proud if my hubby friggen gave me a damn crackerbox ring, hell, my cousin got proposed to with a tin foil ring, and they're still happy and poppin out babies. ugh. sorry for venting, but you should be happy with whatcha got, not embarassed.
    Wowifey

Answer by Wowifey at 3:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I would think that when it comes to buying a ring....most men would be beyond clueless as to where to get one without our help! My SIL picked mine out...haha I do however have a few Walmart rings that I love. When it comes down to, it's where the ring came from or how much it cost.....it's about the commitment and love that the ring stands for.

I also have a necklace from Dollar General that my 5 year old got me.......it's the most priceless neckless ever because he picked it out all by himself!

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 3:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My original wedding ring came from walmart and was beautiful. since i work with chemicals and have my hands in water alot the band cracked and ive since gotten a new one.
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 3:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My ring and hubby's are from "Kay"... Every Kiss begins with Kay (commercial)
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• It doesn't matter where it comes from. It's a gift from your true love that makes it special.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Seriously, don't let some hypersensitive teenager, who has never met you, bother you.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2011