Past relationships affecting present marriage?

I was quite passive in my other relationships. Put up with much more than was healthy or right. I allowed myself and my son to be, well, not totally treated with respect. Now I am married to a guy who is pretty great but he has his flaws, like lying. Lying about things that he knows will upset me like money and pot. But instead of being understanding I am a raging biatch right away. I wonder if it's just because of him or because of my past where I got walked on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Probably a combination of both. That doesn't matter however, this isn't a nice example to set for your son cause he will think hey, this is how we treat women and that this situation is normal.
    Marianne140

Answer by Marianne140 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I would say its a little of both.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• It is both, but him lying to you about these things is not good. He needs to stop it.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• normal reaction I think especially your past history, he shouldn't be lying
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Well he should not be lying-that is the worst thing you can do-no reason for it what so ever, and pot what i s he 17? He is in an adult relationship. I dont blame you for feeeling that way-he really needs to earn your trust and KEEP it! Yes it is very hard when your ex is a piece of **** you do have a wall up with the next guy (my poor hubby treats me like a princess) I think we have so much damaage we are permanantly broken in a sence-dont get me wrong my relationship with my new husband we are great for each other and ssometimes I d ont believe I can be treated nice. My point is yes we are defencive, iam still at times but trust your judgement. Dont put up with nonsence. Your prince charminmg is wating for you if this doesnt work out. If you nead morehelp or support. I have been there before. I hate to see girls get treated bad or see you sad its not fair. Hang in their.??Counceling?
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2011