Do you feel that posing for Playboy or Hustler is sinful? What about Tyra Banks?

I remember seeing the Tyra Bank's America's Top Model show and Tyra insisting that the girls take their clothes off for a shoot. One girl refused and was sent packing?

Is it a sin to pose for Playboy or Hustler? What about Tyra Banks?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 3:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think it's a sin. Tyra is testing those girls out to see if they can make it in the industry. Nudity is sometimes a part of the job. Don't like it, get a different job.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 3:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• They should know in that particular job nudity is part of it simple as that.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• It's simply a matter of personal choice.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Wow so if your model you will have to show a little T or a little a? I never realized?
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I guess I feel it is a sin because I feel that is something private between a man and a woman not for the world to see. If I said that right.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Yes, it's a sin and it inspires others to sin as well.

1 Timothy 2:9-10 

Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.

Matthew 5:28 

But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 3:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My opinion ... if you have gorgeous body and want to show it, go for it. Same thing about strippers. I see nothing sinful about it.

I don't understand why people think the naked human body is something to be ashamed of and something to be hidden.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• yes it is. Only because some people think its ok doesnt mean that it isnt a sin. Theres so many bad things in the world because some people do them and think its fine doesnt mean it isnt a sin.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 3:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• everyone has an inner voice. if your conscience doesnt mind being naked and if you dont feel its wrong than its not wrong. if your inner voice is saying it feels funny and maybe i shouldnt be doing this, then it is wrong and you shouldnt do it. the bible is good to rely on, but the people who wrote it dont know who you are, the only person who knows best is yourself.
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 3:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• No it's not sinful. It's a personal choice whether to do it or not...but to do it is not "sinful".
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011