SKINS TELIVISION SHOW.

I THINK THIS SHOW IS FRIKIN RIDICULOUS!!! WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/22/mtvs-skins-is-most-danger_n_812589.html

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 3:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Entertainment

• It is disgusting! It's about arrogant high school teens that are sex crazed, drug buying, drug using, destructive, car stealing punks that didn't seem to get into ANY trouble for the bad things they did and ALL of the adults featured, are mindless morons… big surprise, huh?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 4:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I agree with you OP.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 3:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I agree from what i hear but we don't have MTV so I didn't see it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I have only seen a trailer of it and I for sure would never watch it or allow my kids to watch it. Shows like that simply give kids the idea that "everyone" is doing those things so its ok, they tend to glamorize that type of lifestyle.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 4:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I haven't watched it, but I don't watch MTV period. My kids are too young (4 & 11 months) to be watching MTV, but I will probably block the channel when they're older.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Haven't seen it and from all i've read/heard I won't ..no thanks.Why would adults want to see so much skin of underaged kids? Seems umm whats that word i'm looking for....perverse.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• What is the purpose of that, I wonder?

The audience for all of those "teen" shows - Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, etc - is primarily adults. Mostly women in their 20's and 30's. They are marketing to a target audience. The same one that still watches Degrassi reruns and Degrassi Next Gen just like they have been since they were in school. The same ones who obsess over Twilight books and movies. All these shows are, are soap operas.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• It's on MTV. It's rated MA. Seriously, are these people still stupid enough to call it a childrens show? It's not made for children, its not rated for children, its not targeting children. If your child is watching this, is the parents fault.17 and 18 is not a child to me, downvote away.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Mostly women in their 20's and 30's.

Agree. Now this show will be more popular than ever thanks to this article lol.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I haven't seen it. I have watched the British version and it is pretty racy, for sure. I think people should heed the MA rating and not watch if they don't want to see SKIN (pun intended) and certainly shouldn't let their teens watch it. I do understand a bit of the controversy in that the characters are all underage. They could have done the same show and made the characters over 18, but that is my only real gripe.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 4:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2011