Has anyone ever had experience with this? (Swelling of the upper eyelid)

Ok, so yesterday my eye and the area around it was sore and tender to the touch, I didn't think anything about it. This was about lunch time. Later that evening I went and looked at it in the mirror, my upper eyelid was about twice the size it should be. It is still swollen today and is very red. It doesn't itch very much and the actual eye is not red or watery at all. It is very sore when I blink or touch it, though. I orginally thought it was a sty, but it is the entire eyelid corner to corner and not a bump. Does anyone know what this could be?

MommytoNandA

Asked by MommytoNandA at 8:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Health

• it could still be a sty.

i would go to a dr so you know what it is and know how to treat it properly.
    in the mean time i would only touch my eye if i had to and use only a soft tissue and throw the tissue away immediately after use. Also try flushing your eye with lukewarm water throughout the day. Make sure the water isnt too hot (germs live in warm areas) and not too cold because that can shock your eye ball.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 8:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I think it could be a sty too. I used to get stys all the time when I was younger. Sometimes they were real bad where my upper lid was so swollen I could barely open my eye. Try a warm compress. That might make it feel better for a little while.
    bubbleschimps

Answer by bubbleschimps at 10:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• its either a sty or pink eye. i have had both and it took years for my sty to go away. it would get irritated every so often and would swell up. now when i had pink eye my eye didn't itch or have much drainage but man did it hurt to touch or just think about it. and it wasn't just my eyelids that were tender my eyeball actually hurt too.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 9:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2008