help plz!!

Hey i need some help. I have a soon to be 5yr boy and i am having trouble getting him potty trained at nite..Ive done every thing i can think of. like the wetting alarms, waking him up through out the nite and offering him prizes if he dont wet at night!! ANY ADVISE????

irishmama0607

Asked by irishmama0607 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Take him to the toilet before bedtime. Put your alarm on for the middle of the night. Wake him up, take him to the toilet. Doesn't matter if he does something or not. Do it every night exactly the same time. So his body will get used to it, this is the night potty time. When his brain and body realize, this is the potty time, he will get used to it and don't wet the bed anymore. Only wake him up at that time. And even if he wet the bed before, don't do anything just go to the toilet, make him sit there for 10-15 minutes and go back to the bed. You can buy plastic bed sheets to put under the normal sheet so the bed can't get wet. So you only have to change the sheet. He will get used to it soon. When he is asleep he can't feel when does he need to go to the potty. but if he get used to it, there is a potty time, than his body will wait until then. After a time. Hugs and patience, patience, patience.
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 4:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• When a child stays dry at night varies all over the place. I know children who were 6, 8, 10 before it happened. His body has to mature and it takes time. I do know a child who used a prescription nasal spray that helped, but he was much older than 5.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My little brother was a bed wetter until like 10. He had a medical issue, not exactly what it was called, but they eventually put him on a medication, a nasal spray, that worked when nothing else did. My almost 4 y/o DD still wears pull-ups at night although she has been day time trained for 2 years now. Some kids are just slower at the night time thing. My advice would be to be patient, but to mention it to his pediatrition. Good luck!
    a_brown23

Answer by a_brown23 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My almost 5 y/o dd still has 'accidents', too...I think it just takes time, but the first reply sounded like good advice:-)
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 1:21 AM on Jan. 23, 2011