What do you think about marriage?

WELL I'M GETTING MARRIED AND WE WANT TO GET MARRIED BEFORE THE BABY IS BORN.

ericka1

Asked by ericka1 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• marriage is a personal choice, and so is getting married before or after the baby is born...we chose to plan our wedding for after the baby is born, so that we could both enjoy the reception...my advice is to make sure this is what you really want and that you're not just rushing into marriage because of a baby...it wouldn't be fair to you or the baby if you were to do that...
    MissManda114

Answer by MissManda114 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I think it's domestic servitude but that's just me. I married a jerk. I'm sure your man is a better man than mine was and that he respects you as a person. My children have not married their SOs and they have children with them and they are good guys. I guess some ppl just don't trust the institution of marriage anymore. It still seems to represent ownership to some of us. Not my thing anymore.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I think marriage is wonderful if you are with the right person that you are supposed to marry. If the only reason you are getting married is b/c you are pregnant than that might not be such a great idea.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 4:38 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I'm not too keen about marrige (for myself). Personally I see no benefits from marrige, just a headache waiting to happen. But others love & enjoy it. The only thing that matters is that it's something YOU want.
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 5:30 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Personally I love being married. If you're only doing it because you're having a child, I don't suggest doing that. You need to be completely in love and devoted to someone before you get married, even if there is a child involved.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 6:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Marriage is work and most forget that. It takes both to make a marriage but only 1 to break the marriage. I think all couples should live together for at least a year before marriage to see how it works out. Gives you time to discuss your plans for the future and see all the bad habits, etc., before you say I do!I think divorce should be hard to get too to keep people from jumping into marriage so easily.
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 7:59 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• i thought i was going to marry my 1st kids dad... we got engaged when my lil girl was 3 months old... ended up splitting when she was 11 but it was never rushed or made too important just because i got prego. i'm the kinda person that always said i wouldn't get married just because i got pregnant. if you were planning on getting married soon anyways and the baby is the iciing on the cake then go for it!
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 8:39 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• first off, i dont think that people should get married just cause they have a kid, second, it is alot harder then people think it will be. but i would still do it again in a heartbeat. and the best thing is communication and making sure that u guys have some fun. if u never have fun then it will only seem like work. also im a big believer in premarital counseling. it helps u to deal with future problems. just make sure that u find someone who u can trust and respect to do it, cause otherwise it will totally suck. good luck and congrats!
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:00 AM on Jul. 8, 2008