brown discharge?? adult content

I just wiped and had a large amount of brown discharge. I am about 6 to 7 weeks along...should I be worried?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Brown means it's old. I wouldn't be worried unless it starts coming out bright red.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I'd go to the doctor..
    Wowifey

Answer by Wowifey at 5:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I started having brown discharge at 5 weeks and am still having some at 7 weeks. At times mine was very heavy. I went to the Dr. and they gave me an ultrasound and the baby was fine, we found the heartbeat and everything. My Dr. told me that it is from the placenta attaching and it takes a while for the blood to come out, that is why it is brown. He told me I could do this for a couple more weeks and he said not to worry unless it is red and I am cramping. Don't worry but make sure to mention it to your Dr.
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 10:25 AM on Jan. 23, 2011