what's the worst job you've ever had?

what's the worst job you've ever had?

jdbrown21

Asked by jdbrown21 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think it was the dollar store. They actually told me to stack the breakable stuff so that when people went to grab it, the stack would fall and that person would have to pay for all the broken stuff. That's not customer service.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• working at a call center
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• K-Mart. I wasn't trained at all. I was just put on the floor and told to "straighten things out". I'm not an idiot but I need guidance otherwise I don't feel like I'm contributing so I then feel worthless. I just hated that job. I quit after just a few weeks.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 5:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• a metal box (concession trailer) in the middle of an abandoned soccer field w/ record breaking heat and humidity 4th of July weekend. Me, alone, a metal box and 3 pizza ovens serving the USA soccer cup. 7 days, lost 15 pounds, worked 103 hours and slept 4 of those 7 nights on the floor of that pizza trailer. So dehydrated I was delusional and suicidal when the games were finally over. And more oven burns than I can remember.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Flipping burgers, worked there 3 days and quit

Answer by gemgem at 5:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I worked in a law office run by a tyrannical witch (w/ a capital "B"!) She went out of her way to make my life miserable- So glad I quit that place.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I worked at two call centers one was incoming calls, basic customer service for a satelite company, that one wasnt too bad because I got paid well. However the one I had before that sucked, I worked at a call center making calls to people and asking them to take surveys over the phone, that was hard because in order to get paid fot that survey I had to finish the whole thing and sometimes they were 100 questions long.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 5:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• My very first job was as a busgirl for the most horrible mean waitress ever. I hated that job! I was miserable.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• survey company....calling people to ask them a million questions and getting hung up on, lol.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 5:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• At a high dollar ritsy restaurant as a waitress. I had to work on Christmas Day (which also happens to be my birthday) and had the most rude a-hole come in and dine. I apparently didn't satisify his requests in HIS timely manner so he spoke with the manager about me. He also informed me that he knew the owners. I got the job because of a personal relationship with the owner....if that jerk had only known :)
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2011