does anyone have any tips on potty training a 2 yr old baby girl?

she's very independent and head strong ( yes already)

shawndemimom

Asked by shawndemimom at 5:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• did you just start right now, or have you already talked to her about it? i had my kids sitting on the potty while waiting for the bath tub to fill up. but i started all three of my girls at one. you could also find books about potty training at the library. they help too.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Here's what I did. I started by putting my son on the potty once a day (after dinner, around bathtime). If he sat, great. If he protested, we punted and tried again the next night. (Initially he wouldn't sit unless he had his diaper on.) When we got to the point that he sat willingly and usually peed, we started training. I put him on the potty every 45 minutes. If he went, we celebrated. If he didn't, we waited 10 minutes and tried again. We did this every 10 minutes until he either peed or had an accident. (Adjust the times based on your experiences.) After 48 hrs, he had the basic idea. As he got better at it, I increased the amount of time between attempts. It took a while for him to figure out when he actually needed to go and go by himself. Until he did, I just put him on regularly.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Dr. Phil had an episode about training your kid in a day. i thought it was a good idea. its called a "potty party". check it out on the internet.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2011