advice

how can i make my husband be more responsable, he leave a mess everywhere he goes and im tired of telling him what to do. i hate to act like his mom
;/

jasmines25mom

Asked by jasmines25mom at 5:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• please, i'm not bashing i'm being honest. i was going to post this question too, when you get an answer, could you please let me know?
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• sure
    jasmines25mom

Comment by jasmines25mom (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Stop telling him what to do and acting like his mom. That was the way I turned mine around. It took a little time and there were times when I thought I was going to lose my mind, but I just let him do his thing and didn't ever fix it or say anything at all. When his clothes didn't get washed, he asked why and I said there weren't any in the hamper. When there were no clean dishes to eat off of I said he hadn't loaded the dishwasher (his one and only "assigned" chore, which he chose instead of any other chore). When he wanted to know why we had to eat out every night I told him I couldn't cook because the whole kitchen was a mess and there were no clean dishes (because he hadn't done the dishes). It was all a very natural cycle and as soon as it affects his life and you don't enable it or nag...he'll figure it out!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 6:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• You can't "make him" do anything. You need to talk to him about what needs done and treat him like an adult, not your child.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 7:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I tried the "going on strike" method and ended up having twice the work to do lol. My dh is a major slob and has a high tolerance for mess. I don't know how to make a man mature and do what needs to be done, my dh hasn't reached that point yet.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• yea it is difficult for me specially because we are living with my mom and we have to do stuff in the house since its not ours yea im going to try those methods thanks:)
    jasmines25mom

Comment by jasmines25mom (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Jan. 27, 2011