Has anyone ever had the doctors office mix up the times of their 3 hour glucose test?

I went in and got my 3 hour done. 1st hour was 118, 2nd was 180, and 3rd was 152. I have been asked by some people including the dietition if i think they got it mixed up. If the dietition thought something seemed not right, could i not be diabetic? I

On a note being diagnosed wasn't bad because i am eating healthier now but i am always hungry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Health

• I'm not sure what mine mixed up but they put me on pills and almost killed me They said I was a diabetic and I wasn't. I switched doctors!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• GTT is an outdated and often inaccurate test. The gold standard testing is now a fasting blood glucose & A1C check.

With a GTT you drink sugar, pancreas releases insulin which causes the sugar to drop. If too much insulin, sugar drops too low, liver panics & releases more sugar causing it to spike again. Pancreas releases more insulin to clean up the excess sugar. That is supposed to create an "accurate" picture of how your body handles sugar & insulin.?
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2011