I really want my eyes to stand out more. What type of

Masacara and eye liner do you recommend.. I have green eyes and I have been using brown eyeliner blended in with my lashes and brown masacara. I am thinking about doing green or purple but not sure. WOuld the black stand out better?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 5:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• brown would prob be the best with your eye color. Hopefully you have a sephora where you live you can go there they do your make up for free and you tell them what you want to focus on good luck
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 5:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• When choosing eye makeup for green eyes, you should consider your skin tone as well as your eye color. Many women with green eyes have fair skin and freckles. If you have a light complexion, try to avoid eye shadow that is too deep or shimmery. However, some women with green eyes have olive skin. These women should avoid silver and blue shadows.

All women with green eyes look great in brown colors from light beiges to deep chocolate browns. Purples and pinks also complement with green eyes. Some people will suggest that you shouldn't wear green shadow if you have green eyes. However, light green can be very flattering when applied sparingly.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I also have greenish eyes and I use very black mascara and black eyeliner, and i always use like a goldish eyeshadow and purples are great with green eyes!! Also the color of your clothes you wear make your eyes pop. Try wearing bright color that kinda match your eye color. But if your going for a more natural look definilty go with the brown eyeliner and mascara.
    EliannasMama

Answer by EliannasMama at 5:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• When making hue selections with eye makeup, choose a color that will make those brilliant green eyes sparkle like dazzling emeralds. To highlight green eyes, utilize shades of browns and lavender. Purple shades in direct contrast with green eyes will create a dramatic contrasting effect; this is a striking look that is perfect for evening wear. On the other hand, warmer shades of browns blend harmoniously with green eyes and will create a subtle, natural effect; this is a great daytime look.

Use a natural lip liner and lots of gloss to pout those lips! Finish the look off with a great brown mascara.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• match your liner to your shadow, if black looks too harsh try a slate grey with smokey eyes ,or a deep plum with purples.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• purply/eggplant will look nice use a shadow & line your eyes with an angle brush and black mascara to finish
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Violets/purples and brown eyeliners and mascaras work best. Don't use black. It's not going to compliment your eyes as well as those two colors will.
    Anonymous