Bringing babies to movie theaters?

Me & My man would like to go to the movies but we have no on to watch our baby. Is it okay to bring the baby? Or not such a good idea?

EliannasMama

Asked by EliannasMama at 5:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• how old? i took mine when he was about 4 months, then not again til he was after 1. I think if you're able to go to a matinee where baby might be napping it would be best. I wouldnt deny yourself. I take my 4 yr old to movies all the time.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I wouldn't. nothing sucks more then an upset baby.
    Eco_Momma

Answer by Eco_Momma at 5:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• How old is your "baby" and what movie?
    Honestly I can't stand when I go to a PG-13 or R rated movie and someone brings their 3 year old or younger. They run around, or the baby is crying and I did not spend 20+ to be interrupted that way. That is something you kinda expect when you go see a kid film. Just my opinion. If you can't find someone wait and go another night.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 5:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Shes almost 3 months. Shes pretty quiet doesnt really cry alot shes a good baby, and we'd most likley go when she was napping. but everytime we go out she naps anyways. I just wouldnt want to go all the way there and them not let us go because of the baby.
    EliannasMama

Comment by EliannasMama (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I also agree with bringing a young child that can walk and talk already or an upset baby. Because it does interrupt others and would ruin it. but shes such a good baby i dont think it would be a problem and maybe when shes older Id only bring her to see the kid movies. but for no me and daddy need to have a date even if we have to bring her along.
    EliannasMama

Comment by EliannasMama (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I would call the movie theater and see the policy on bringing babies. I have not taken my 23 month old or my 4 month old to a movie. My 23 month old will not sit still enough to watch a movie. She would just get on everyone's nerves.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 5:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• If you are absolutely sure your baby will sleep the entire time than ok sit low so when your baby makes a peepyou can a quick exit. Just because you chose to take your baby to a movie and you bought your tickets it dosnt give you the right to spoil someone else show if you choose to do this it may well be money down the drain for you. Look for a discount theater and go in the early afternoon
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 5:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Thanks, True ,Idk maybe its better if we stay home and watch a movie at home until we can find someone to watch her.
    EliannasMama

Comment by EliannasMama (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I dont remember how old my son was at the time but the first time we took him to the movies was a disaster! I ended up missing half the movie! But now (hes almost 4) loves going to the movies!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 6:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2011