where do get your hair cut and how much do you pay? where are you from?

I am in Utah,
my friend comes to my house and will cut my hair and my boys hair. I pay 20 for us three and when my youngest is old enough for a cut I will pay 25..
When I get it colored I pay 50 and that is with whatever colors I want.

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 5:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• It usually runs me close to $200 for cut, color/highlights, blow dry
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I go to a salon that a high school friend works at. Their rate is $9.95 for adults. That's what I pay :) She does a great job and should be working in something more upscale if you ask me...but I'm not complaining. She's cheaper for me this way!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 5:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Oops forgot to say where I'm from...Miami area
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I live in Connecticut & I pay $50 for a cut @ my salon. For cut & color, about $200.

$50 for color sounds great! I'm jealous!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Im from Utah too!! I pay 35 and go to Aveda
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 6:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I'm a freak. I get my hair cut at my son's barber shop. There's a woman there who cuts hair and I can trust her to not cut too much. I can get it done the same day I get DS's done - time saver as well. I pay $10 and then a tip.
    Anonymous

• I'm from Indiana. I go to a nice salon in my small town and I pay $55 for haircut and highlights and wax and my 4 y/o daughter to be trimmed. I know that's super cheap. My hair lady is awesome and she gives me a good deal!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• i haven't paid for a haircut in years, but in our salon (er..the one i retired from last year, that is) a woman's cut/blowout went for $40-50..Fort Smith, Arkansas. our colors ranged from $75 (single-process) to $165+ (highlights, etc.)
    i will have to find someone in my new town, Jonesboro, Arkansas, to cut my hair..and i have no idea what the comparable rate is. oh sure, there are plenty of $10 shops around, as everywhere, but most of the people who work in those shops don't have much experience in the whole realm of hair, and i wouldn't trust them to trim my bangs..if i had bangs.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• I'm in Las Vegas and have gotten my hair botched twice in a salon, so now my husband has been cutting my hair for years. He's the only one I trust anymore. I cut both of my sons' hair and also my husband's hair.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Tacoma Wa, I pay around 45 for just a cut no style, with style between 60 -75, and highlights around 120, all over 1 process color about 65, this is at one of the higher end salons. If you go to Master Cuts you can probably get a cut for $25. I pay $20 for my kids cuts at a kid salon. I have long hair so I can get away with 2-3 cuts a year and highlights once a year.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2011