I just found out my 2yr old is allergic to dust and mold. How do you get rid of mold and where do you find it?

Yngmomma17

Asked by Yngmomma17 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm not sure where you find mold, but my sisters son was allergic to the same things, and about 1-2 years later he was diagnosted with cistic fibrosous. You should read up on that because it has alot to do with dust and mold causeing the syptoms to flare up.
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I'm also dust and mold. Unfortunatley, it's pretty hard to avoid. It's all over the place. I've never really found a way to combat it other than medication. I've always lived in farming communities. The crops around me always develop mold on them. I'm fine until it rains (which releases the once dry mold spores) Add a little bit of wind blowing spores all over and I'm sneezing like crazy.

Dust, I just try my best to avoid. I usually make hubby do the dusting in the house, but sometimes I have to expose myself to it.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• my son is allergic to dust and mold - along with other things. ( he does not have cystic fibrosis) try to get rid of most stuffed animals. ones that you can't geet rid of put in the frezzer for about two hours every couple of weeks. try not to vaccumm more thenones a week. it will put more dust in the air. declutter your house to get rid of dust. try not to have to many house plants, they will get mold in soil. if you need more info, just pm me. hope this helps.
    kristyann

Answer by kristyann at 10:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2008