To go out or not to go out?

My hubby goes out with his friends alot and leaves me and the baby home all the time. I dont mind that he goes out every now and then But I would also like to go out sometime too. Even if its with the baby and spend time as a fmaily should. I had asked him if it would be okay if I went out and did what i wanted and he stood home with the baby. He didnt like that very much and said no. he took it the wrong way completley. He said he would have to be there that I shouldnt go anywhere without him, I understand that but sometimes you need your own life too!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• You need your own time too. And you deserve to have friends and a life. If he won't let you then you should take the baby to your Mom's or someone you trust sometime to get a breather.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• im sorry you your hubby is doing that to you but you should tell him how you feel & sometimes you want to go out & have a life to goodluck mama
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• What's good for the goose is good for the gander! No double standards allowed! Do what genagina said, & take some time for yourself. You need it. It's good for you and you will grow to resent him if you dont.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• *He said he would have to be there that I shouldnt go anywhere without him*

You're kidding, right? Unless you are a child, that is so beyond controlling, it blows my mind. Especially since he sees not problem with his going out.
    There may be bigger problems here than an uneven division of free time.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 6:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• see thats the whole thing he sees nothing wrong with him going out watso ever. but when it comes to me wanting to do something he gets mad?? like he dont trust me. i trust him to go out but he says becuz he knows how guys r always hitting on me. i get that part but i would never do anything wroing or anything to hurt him. Im lonley and bored and i need a life too. he doesnt even show me much attention anymore. i dont want us to grow apart or lose interest but it has already started to happen i guess...i just want things to get better!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• tell him that trus is very important in a relationship and ask him if he trusts you. If he says no-there are problems. If he says yes -then he should be fine with you having a bit of fun too!

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• Guys hit on me all the time too. But even when I was single I didn't do anything with a guy just because he spoke to me. Perhaps you should ask him if since men are so clearly constantly on the prowl, should you worry about how he is around pretty girls when he goes out. Better yet, stop asking and tell him you are going out, that you NEED a night out. A man only gets to have as much control over you as you allow him to have.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 7:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

• You should schedule a babysitter and head out with your friends, I don't agree with this double standard at all! I always stayed home with the children and my dh did what he wanted, all it causes it resentment and a lot of stress. You don't have to go clubbing, but you need to go out and do your own thing. This is coming from experience.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 23, 2011